• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Lumpammer

Smallbrook Ringway

How can a bankrupt council afford such a massive project. They demolished our shopping centre at Poolway nearly six years ago and promised new shops and what have got? Not a thing. No butchers, no barbers, no Post Office, no hardware shop, no cake shop, no newsagent, no chip shop, no fruit shop...
  2. Lumpammer

City Centre pubs

I think this was The Royal Mail. There was another entrance on New Street.
  3. Lumpammer

Is This Your Motor?

Reminds me of Johnny Cash - One Piece At A Time.
  4. Lumpammer

computer help

Thanks but I have just solved the problem. The X button is now centre screen below the Google ad. It used to far right in the corner of the mask. In Safari it is in the corner of the ad. I am calling it a mask because I do not know the correct term.
  5. Lumpammer

computer help

I’m not running adblocker or DuckDuck. I am using MS Edge on an ipad pro 5. The mask, if that’s what it is, si also covering over Contact Us, Terms and Rules, Privacy Policy and Help buttons. Last week there was an X button to remove the mask but not now. I will log on to my laptop later thus...
  6. Lumpammer

computer help

Does anyone know why the “BACK TO TOP” button in bottom right hand corner cannot be used as there is a mask across the bottom of screen? There used to an X down there to clear the mask but I cannot see it now. Thanks
  7. Lumpammer

Marston Green & Tile Cross

Hi, Gary. Why not post all your photos here?
  8. Lumpammer

Childhood TV PROGRAMS

I remember Michael Bentine and the Bumblies. The Billy Bean song - ‘Billy Bean built a machine To see what it could do. He built it out of sticks and stones And nuts and bolts and glue’. There was probably more. How about The Cisco Kid., Hopalong Cassidy,, Roy Rogers, then a bit later Bonanza.
  9. Lumpammer

Swift Cheylesmore made in Birmingham. But where?

Just found The Swift Cycle Works at Cheylesmore Works in COVENTRY. Some info on Google.
  10. Lumpammer

Turner Brothers Toolmakers

Attach it to an e-mail and send it to yourself or a friend. Get them to send it back to you, then you can post it to the site from the e-mail.
  11. Lumpammer

Yardley Village

It was blocked off to traffic several years to help preserve the old buildings.
  12. Lumpammer

Yardley House Hob Moor (Hobmoor) Road

It looks to be where the Yew Tree pub’s bowling green was, furthest from the pub.
  13. Lumpammer

Sweet and Tobacconist

I think you may mean the corner of Church Road and Yew Tree Lane. My mum used to spend ages there, reading all the postcard ads.
  14. Lumpammer

Chamberlain & Hookhams

Used to have these on sterilisers at Yardley Green Hospital for accurate timing of sterilising and drying stages.
  15. Lumpammer

ITS Lumpammers BIRTHDAY

Thank you one and all.
  16. Lumpammer

HOUSEHOLD GADGETS FROM THE PAST

I think it may be a potato peeler
  17. Lumpammer

What / Where (group picture)

I don’t there are 2 n’s in botanical, but there are in britannia. Any help?
  18. Lumpammer

Chelmsley Wood.

Or The Merry Maker
  19. Lumpammer

Chelmsley Wood Pubs

When it first opened (1972, I think), the Bar was themed on a Centurion Tank and the lounge was themed on Roman Centurions.
  20. Lumpammer

Gone out of fashion

Something like that were used at Marston Green Hospital. It was a primitive form of Pager. A set of these lights were outside of every ward. Key staff were given a colour and if their colour was lit they had to contact or go to that ward. They were long obsolete when I worked there. They were...
Back