• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. L

Bolli of "Pritchard Rd", Glass Blower, 1900

Hello everyone, Would someone be able help me find a Mr. Bolli, a glass manufacturer on "Pritchard Rd"? I don't think there ever was a Pritchard Road, so it must be either Pritchett Street or Pritchatts Road. My ancestor under his employ lived at 26 Court, New John Street in October 1900...
  2. L

349 Bradford Street, Deritend

Hiya, another mapping request from me, promise it's the last one...! Can anyone find 349 Bradford Street for me? My 2nd great grandfather Frank Carroll lived here in 1903 but it looks like the street ends at no. 345, a.k.a the Drovers Arms. On older maps not from the '50s there's buildings in...
  3. L

45 Witton Street (demolished 1910)

Hi, I'm trying to place 45 Witton Street and I'm hoping someone can help. On the 1881 census it is listed as next door to "Prices Cottages", but I can't find this on even detailed maps of Witton Street from the time. It's also apparently near to Court 8, but of course that doesn't tell you...
  4. L

Nellie Fisher's beer house on 'western end' of Summer Lane

Hello everyone, I was recently told by a distant relative that my great-great-grandmother, Nellie Fisher (née Bunford), owned a 'beer house' on the 'western end' of Summer Lane. I'm not sure what that means, as Summer Lane runs north to south, but that's what I was told. She first married a...
  5. L

Brewery Or Bottling Company In The Brearley Street Area 1900–05?

I'm looking for a list of any and all breweries or bottling companies in a broad area around Brearley Street which operated between 1900–1905. Thank you for any help you can give me.
  6. L

Bowley & Co, Glass Cutters And Gun Works On Summer Lane

Hi, I would like to know firstly the location of Bowley & Co, a glass cutters, which existed in the 1890s-1900s. Secondly, I would like to know the name of the gun works on Summer Lane, between Brearley Street and Lower Tower Street. Any help is much appreciated! Thank you
Back