• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. C

Old addresses

Scholars leaving certificate for my mother Eva Doris pedley attended grosvenor St. Senior school dated July 1942
  2. C

Old addresses

The date of letter 12th Sept 1951with 2.1/2 pence stamp
  3. C

Old addresses

Hello all again. Going through some more old papers of mum n dad's found some letters any info of area would be great addressed to my mother when single miss Pedley 24 ashted row Birmingham 7 was a letter from I think Minnie jukes of 14 ashted row regarding my grandmother's death. Found some...
  4. C

Trip back home

I looked and it says burial
  5. C

Trip back home

Thank you again will try my best to find out m
  6. C

Trip back home

Four and half hours drive 30 mins coffee break at services we got home to pouring rain two very loving cats that missed us so cup of tea lit the fire Lynn unpacking she can't leave it and talk of next time we are coming up she wants to see more of written cemetery I recall being there as a small...
  7. C

Trip back home

Yesterdaywe went to the bullring Lynn wanted to shop talking to a young girl serving I said a few changes have been made yes she said new changing rooms I smiled it was 1967 when I last went to bullring it was like small stalls not as it is now I remember gold fish in bags hanging up I was 6 I...
  8. C

Nechells

Hi Jackie same oh well hope someone else sees it m
  9. C

Trip back home

Hello all well I made.it up stayed at Telford made trip to meet my cousin Jackie we went today to written cemetery to see my grandfather's first wife's grave with childeren that died due to house fire a moving day returning to Cornwall tomorrow but when here it felt like home
  10. C

Nechells

Hello I'm martyn Charles Pedley grandson I am in Telford untill tomorrow my cousin and I visited Charles first wife and childeren grave today if you would like to make contact please get in touch regards m
  11. C

Father Jones

Found photo I I can load
  12. C

Father Jones

Hello folk you have been busy I am great full. Had my grandson for few hours to give mum a rest nearly 3 we are worn out now yes I have Leslies details als a photo if I can find it in some papers I have a letter to him mum a month before he was killed I remember being told he was in back of...
  13. C

Father Jones

Hello and thank you Lynn looking for any information on Alfred George Jones husband of Eva Doris Jones née pedley I think father was Thomas geeves Jones had brothers only name I have I Leslie Jones killed sicily in ww2 many thanks
  14. C

Pedley Charles /ellen /eva /thomas/fred

Brilliant lyn thank you
  15. C

Hi lyn yes please I managed to go back to 1760 on mums side found coat of arms way back to be honest money got tight a while back and ancestry went better now so may go back on how do I private message I have forgotten I must admit I was seven when we left brum but all ways think of it as home...
  16. C

Hello lyn yes I know but he did go on to remarry only child left was my uncle Tom gone now life wasn't good that I have been told his new daughter Eva my mother looked so much like one of his girls that died it caused problems not a happy child hood that had a knock on effect I am afraid to say...
  17. C

Trip back home

Hope OK to post here am related to Charles Pedley I am coming up from Cornwall to meet for first time Mt cousin Jackie pedley coming to brum to see the grave of my grandfather's first wife and childeren who died in a fire in brum I think 1927 if there is any one that thinks they are related...
  18. C

Hello inspector brum sorry to all I have not been on forum for a very long time commitments and work to date I found 5 cousins through ancestry one of whom I am meeting next month. I am coming up from Cornwall to where she lives we are going to Witton cemetery to see grave of Charles pedley...
  19. C

just a quick update ,I have found 3 cousins through tracing family on ancestry ,I have made the link between myself and catmadjax from here and to pedlarman also who unfortunately passed away before I could get to know him still looking for more unfortunately not all the people I have contacted...
  20. C

Jones alfred george

I am here ha ha hello jan hope you are well
Back