• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Jones alfred george

calibra250

master brummie
above named is my father I have no history but he married EVA DORIS PEDLEY had three children ,LUCIA, MARTYN ,JULIE JONES
I am looking for anyone related to him he worked as a spinner (lathe)for a company making saucepans ,
spitfire nose cones in the war, looking for my family regards martyn

I have a receipt from Birmingham co-operative society ltd for funeral expenses of THOMAS GEAVES JONES died Dudley road hospital buried at Erdington parish churchyard this I think is my grandfather dads side

a birth certificate THOMAS G JONES father Thomas mother caroline jones formerly doughity born 1876 these must be great grandparents

I have probate certificate of ELIZABETH JONES of 56 westmead crescent Birmingham 24 died 25 January 1946 wife of Thomas geaves jones a polisher my grandmother anyone know address family ?

There is a probate record for Thomas Geaves Jones same address as Elizabeth. Date is 1 Dec 1952 for death and 28 January 1953 for probate. Probate granted to alfred George Jones (spinner) - amount £459 18s 7d.

Ancestry also seems to have Thomas's WW1 army records listing his wife Elizabeth Nash, and children Thomas Walter, Alfred George, Hilda and Leslie.

Janice

Alfred g jones my father
my uncle my middle name as I was named after him LESLIE JONES son of ELIZABETH JONES of 56 westmead crescent died 23rd july 1943 probate report he left £40 to his friend miss Irene m wooldridgeof 88 somerset road Erdington Birmingham 23 remaining property to his mom
rank private regiment RAMC I know a shell exploded outside his ambulance killing him in side less we forget

Thomas Geaves Jones married Elizabeth Nash 2 July 1898 at St George's, Birmingham.

Caroline Jones (nee Doughty) re-marries Thomas Braithwaite in 1891.

hi I am sifting through the paperwork slowly as very delicate but finding more and more ,where are you getting your info ? can I get it ?martyn

I shall try on there thank you do you recognise any of the addresses I have posted I shall try to get photos of them if I can be nice to track a live one ,martyn

hi folk I found my old house bromford lane looks a bit run down and the back garden seems to have halved and new house built at the back it sold for 127000 in 2006 less than my house I own regards martyn

There is a probate record for Thomas Geaves Jones same address as Elizabeth. Date is 1 Dec 1952 for death and 28 January 1953 for probate. Probate granted to alfred George Jones (spinner) - amount £459 18s 7d.

Ancestry also seems to have Thomas's WW1 army records listing his wife Elizabeth Nash, and children Thomas Walter, Alfred George, Hilda and Leslie.

Janice
Hello Janice,
I have just joined the site following contact from Martyn Jones. I am one of the grand-daughters of Thomas Walter Jones. Thomas joined the RAF, during a posting to Hampshire he met & married Mabel Finden, who died in 1945. They had 3 sons & 5 daughters - Douglas, Clifford & Leslie (my father), Hilda, Julia, Pauline, Betty & Mabel. After his wife died the family was split up with one being adopted out - some into an orphanage - my father joined HM Forces Army)

Thomas remarried but I do not have any information about his 2nd wife.

I have a family tree on https://www.ancestry.co.uk/
If you are interested in viewing my tree, let me know & I can add you as a guest

Regards,
Jen Steward (nee Jones)

Alfred g jones my father
my uncle my middle name as I was named after him LESLIE JONES son of ELIZABETH JONES of 56 westmead crescent died 23rd july 1943 probate report he left £40 to his friend miss Irene m wooldridgeof 88 somerset road Erdington Birmingham 23 remaining property to his mom
rank private regiment RAMC I know a shell exploded outside his ambulance killing him in side less we forget
above named is my father I have no history but he married EVA DORIS PEDLEY had three children ,LUCIA, MARTYN ,JULIE JONES
I am looking for anyone related to him he worked as a spinner (lathe)for a company making saucepans ,

I have just joined the site following contact from Martyn Jones. I am one of the grand-daughters of Thomas Walter Jones. Thomas joined the RAF, during a posting to Hampshire he met & married Mabel Finden, who died in 1945. They had 3 sons & 5 daughters - Douglas, Clifford & Leslie (my father), Hilda, Julia, Pauline, Betty & Mabel. After his wife died the family was split up with one being adopted out - some into an orphanage - my father joined HM Forces Army)

If you are interested in viewing my tree, let me know & I can add you as a guest

Regards,
Jen Steward (nee Jones)

Thomas Geaves Jones married Elizabeth Nash 2 July 1898 at St George's, Birmingham.

Caroline Jones (nee Doughty) re-marries Thomas Braithwaite in 1891.

I have just joined the site following contact from Martyn Jones. I am one of the grand-daughters of Thomas Walter Jones - son of Thomas Geaves Jones & Elizabeth Nash. Thomas joined the RAF, during a posting to Hampshire he met & married Mabel Finden, who died in 1945. They had 3 sons & 5 daughters - Douglas, Clifford & Leslie (my father), Hilda, Julia, Pauline, Betty & Mabel. After his wife died the family was split up with one being adopted out - some into an orphanage - my father joined HM Forces Army)

Regards,
Jen Steward (nee Jones)

Back