• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Andy's Coaches

Probably what the new condition of Andy's bus looked like with its original owner, Trent Motor Traction. The double deck bus in the background looks rather like it might once have been a Birmingham Corporation bus.

670b7e8f35c676d288b8cb2e7b42687c.jpg

Another, not sure of date or location, but someone might know. Looks about 1960s to me. Was Bertram's a job/staff agency - can just about make out 'staff agency' behind the coach wing mirror. Viv.

image.jpeg

Viv, looking at the street lamp I would imagine the location is Corporation Street late 60’s

+JJM-901H.jpg

The coach, JJM 901H (post 33) was new to Brown, Ambleside, Westmoreland in 1970. I don't know when Andy's obtained it and how many owners it has had. It was sold to Putt Coaches, Wimbledon at some point in time. It suffered a rear end crash and whilst there were, apparently, no injuries to anyone it was rendered unusable for carrying passengers. It went to a scrap yard in Luton, was purchased and converted as seen here, for conveyance of a racing car. That new owner sold it and after a year in another ownership was scrapped.

Coach in post #33 is outside Piccadilly Arcade on New Street ! Just realised that's the old Woolworth's building behind it. Thanks Mort - you mentioning those street lights remind me there was the same lighting on New Street. Viv.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    49.4 KB · Views: 18
Back