• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Andy's Coaches

post #14, second picture, could this or was this picture taken from the flats that were located nexed to salford park, note the hand rail on the balconey, kind reguards sidwho.

Hi Pudding - The photo in #16 shows our house in Francis St. that backed onto Andy's,the house next to ours was were Andy's first coach driver lived,by the name of Shepherd.Next to Andy's going up Bloomsbury St. lived a Mr. Docker who produced prototype paints in his garden shed.The dates about right.

Hi, Andy of Andy's Coaches was my Grandfather. If anyone has any pictures, stories, memorabilia etc they would like to share, i'd be interested to hear / see it. Thanks, Saul :)

Hi, Andy of Andy's Coaches was my Grandfather. If anyone has any pictures, stories, memorabilia etc they would like to share, i'd be interested to hear / see it. Thanks, Saul :)[/s]
hi saul,ihave loads of photots of andys of birmingham.i used to play by the garage in nechells and used to be very good friends of bill anderton right from a young boy until he passed away.i have many fond memories of andy i would be glad to share them with you.my email adress [email protected]]

hi saul,i have many photos and memories of andys coaches birmingham and would like to share with you.i knew your grandfather bill anderton for many tears from the 60s until his passing.my email address [email protected] looking forward to hearing from you soon.kind regards,malcolm.

Hello Saul and spidersmith

i came in contact with Andys many times during my coaching days, Stocklands, Claribell and my now Brother in Law Colin Mann (Classic Coaches). I would be really interested in seeing any photo's you may have as I'm sure would many other members.

All the best

Hi, Andy of Andy's Coaches was my Grandfather. If anyone has any pictures, stories, memorabilia etc they would like to share, i'd be interested to hear / see it. Thanks, Saul :)

Hi Saul, do you mean Bill was your Grandfather ?
If so, we share the same Great Grandparents, as he was my Great Uncle :)

Probably what the new condition of Andy's bus looked like with its original owner, Trent Motor Traction. The double deck bus in the background looks rather like it might once have been a Birmingham Corporation bus.

670b7e8f35c676d288b8cb2e7b42687c.jpg

Another, not sure of date or location, but someone might know. Looks about 1960s to me. Was Bertram's a job/staff agency - can just about make out 'staff agency' behind the coach wing mirror. Viv.

image.jpeg

Viv, looking at the street lamp I would imagine the location is Corporation Street late 60’s

+JJM-901H.jpg

The coach, JJM 901H (post 33) was new to Brown, Ambleside, Westmoreland in 1970. I don't know when Andy's obtained it and how many owners it has had. It was sold to Putt Coaches, Wimbledon at some point in time. It suffered a rear end crash and whilst there were, apparently, no injuries to anyone it was rendered unusable for carrying passengers. It went to a scrap yard in Luton, was purchased and converted as seen here, for conveyance of a racing car. That new owner sold it and after a year in another ownership was scrapped.

Coach in post #33 is outside Piccadilly Arcade on New Street ! Just realised that's the old Woolworth's building behind it. Thanks Mort - you mentioning those street lights remind me there was the same lighting on New Street. Viv.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    49.4 KB · Views: 18
Back