• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Looking for the rich/price family

Talk about coincidence - I have finally discovered that Dolben Street was renamed that in 1911 before then it was George Street. I then searched the 1911 census for George Street - as far as I can see there are a lot of people living singly (separate census forms) at the same addresses. One or two have put lodger so I am wondering if they were like bedsits? I am still trying to find a Rochester House.
By coincidence I clicked on the wrong George street and found a Charles Edward Rich of 49 Camberwell Green.

Janice

A search of the 1901 census for George Street and a "walk" down it do not show a Rochester House but some "houses" eg number 51 have over 40 people listed all with different names so it suggests some kind of lodging place. In 1911 there is a similar patter but there is also a set of buildings listed as "Chester Buildings" - I wondered if this might be from Rochester?

Janice

I know this does not find the Rich family but Lilian Gertrude's baptism (6th June 1897 at St Saviour's Southwark) lists the address of the family as "Rochester House" and then something I cannot read.
Lilian Baptism.jpg
Janice

so now we have lillians baptism thank you janice.....all we need now is for someone to claim this wonderful history of the family...

lyn

time to bump up this thread folks...i still have all this wonderful family history waiting for someone to claim it....fingers crossed

lyn

Back