• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Taila

1. Taila

Ansell

Hello, all I can say is that my grandparents names William James Ansell and Elizabeth Beatrice Ansell (nee McCulla) who lived in Hick Street, Balsall Heath. Elizabeth was his second wife, his first wife was Annie Louisa McPherson. What was your mother's name?
  2. Taila

Highgate Street, Hick Street looking for old friends

Hi Astonian, don't know of any other Ansell's living in Ladywood. I lived there from 1954 until 1963 and other than my elder sister Eileen there was also younger sister Janet and younger brothers Clifford and David. We left Ladywood to move to Sparkhill. My dad worked at MEM, Hall Green and...
  3. Taila

Highgate Street, Hick Street looking for old friends

Hi, just seen these postings for Hick Street. My grandparents lived in that street, their names were William and Elizabeth Ansell. My parents lived with them after the war up until 1954, their names were Gilbert and Joyce Ansell, my elder sister Eileen was born there in 1947 and I was born...
  4. Taila

Follet Osler School

I am Kathleen Ansell, everyone always thought my name was Catherine because I was always called Kathy. I lived in Osler Street, 12/19 I think. I left Follett Osler in 1962, I'm afraid my memories are a bit vague now.
  5. Taila

Sorrento Hospital Nursing Home

Have just seen this posting and if I may would like to add a couple of snippets. My sister Eileen Ansell was born here in 1947 and myself Kathleen Ansell in 1951. My late husband Peter Essex was also born here on 4th July 1948 at 3 minutes to midnight. Try as she did his mother desperately...
  6. Taila

Yardley Wood

Hi, You mentioned Hick Street Balsall Heath. I lived there until I was 4.5 yrs old. My family name was Ansell, my parents lived with my fathers parents George and Elizabeth Ansell. My father's name was Gilbert and my mom's Joyce. Any recollections?
  7. Taila

Follet Osler School

Hi, have just joined this site and saw your posting for Follet Osler. I attended that school, left in 1962 and I think I am one of the girls you mentioned - Kathleen (not Catherine) Ansell. I lived in Osler Street and can remember the name Strawford and my neighbours daughter was Linda Badham...
  8. Taila

Ansell

Hi, I'm a newbie on here. My maiden name was Ansell, my father was Gilbert Ansell born in 1916 and he was born at The Old Crown Hotel ,50 Snow hill, birmingham which was run by his father George William Ansell. I've always been led to believe that I was distantly related to the Ansell family...
Back