• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Shera

1. Shera

June 2015 edition David Weavers poems.

Congratulations David. Thanks for letting us know Jean, brilliant news x
  2. Shera

Davies, Helen (Ellen or Nell): Schoolteacher in Birmingham area early 1900's

The difference in name - Helen and Ellen - is quite common, and I know its the same person as Ellen Horseman leaves her money to her husband Edward Victor Horseman. He died the following year and left money to a son. There may have been more children (two daughters born after the marriage with...
  3. Shera

Davies, Helen (Ellen or Nell): Schoolteacher in Birmingham area early 1900's

I notice that on the death certificate, the area is Alcester, Warwickshire. The year after Jane Davies death, i.e. 1917 there is a marriage of Helen Davies to Edward V. Horseman in Alcester. Then there is a death of an Ellen Horseman 15 Nov 1956 Alcester, with a birth date of about 1890. As...
  4. Shera

Lynne webbs birthday meal at the bull

Had a lovely time. Thanks to everyone and hope Lynne enjoyed the surprise. I felt very sorry for Mike having to leave even before Lynne arrived.
  5. Shera

Hands

theres a marriage of thomas hand/s to jane boult 29th may 1803 but that was at st. mary, handsworth.
  6. Shera

Moderators

oh what a shame wendy, hope you can access your photos again. so glad you are back safe and sound. :smug:
  7. Shera

Wem family, 28 Whittall Street, 1920-1925

Closest i can get is 1913 Kellys directory which shows that Charles Wem was a "gun lock maker" at 31 1/2 Whittall Street, and George Francis Wem was also a gun lock maker at 28 Whittall street.
  8. Shera

Moderators

Sorry to hear that but I can understand its a very demanding job. Thankyou Wendy for all your hard work. Shera xx
  9. Shera

Frustrated

the same elizabeth moseley is on the 1891 census aged 19 with mother ann (widow) , brother arthur aged 15. and a boarder named joseph perry aged 20, so this was probably elizabeths husband to be. sorry if you already looked at this one.
  10. Shera

Frustrated

i suppose you've seen the marriage of an elizabeth moseley to joseph perry in 1895. father is listed as john (deceased) though. date of birth for elizabeth is correct 1872. on "birmingham england marriages and banns on ancestry" she is transcribed as elizabeth moreley.
  11. Shera

Unknown North Staffs soldier... possible surname Palmer, Starkey or Nash

heres a few "possibles" i found on the electoral rolls. 1919. david palmer 2603 A.M, R.A.F. living 30 Halberton street. 1919. william david palmer 1385 Pte. R.W.R. address as above 1918 william frederick nash 10434 R.F.M. 9th KRRC 1918 frank nash 442283 Pte. RAMC both living...
  12. Shera

Marriage Joseph Edwards

Hi Clarkie, I wonder whether baptisms can help you. I've found these baptisms all at st. martins in the years after the marriage. maybe one of them is your family so it may give you address and occupation. all have parents joseph and sarah edwards. samuel edwards bap 18.11.1822 sun...
  13. Shera

Old street pics..

on the electoral rolls, Olga was still at that address (no. 3 Kent St. North) in 1965 with Alan W. and Margery Lewis at no. 4.
  14. Shera

Methodist Free Church Nash Street

There seems to have been a Methodist Free Church in BATH St. Birmingham at that time, could that be whats on your record? Shouldn't the wife be Sarah Jane Glew, not Thomas?
  15. Shera

Electoral Roll lookup, please: GODDARD

Just to give you the last couple of years online. Thomas and Leah Maud Goddard at 5 bk 50 Alma St. in 1960 then in 1962 and 1965 listed at 200 Guildford St. Handsworth.
Back