• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by paul goldingay

1. P

The Abbey St Thomas's Grammar/secondary Erdington

hello boilerman, Stan was in my class, together with Jimmy Fry, Christopher Sutton , John Lagan, Michael Smythe , William Burford won the midlands cross country for schools, this is to name but a few. hope this helps. regards Paul
  2. P

hello all, still trying to get some feedback to years 1961 to 1965 at st thomas of canterbury Erdington. if any class members are out there. our main teacher was mr Moore history, and mr Fantham music. many thankbs
  3. P

hello boilerman, yes I remember all these teachers, also miss Jarvis who married M r Mac Carthy jnr . do you remember Hughgean Reynolds head boy above us, and loads more. regards Paul
  4. P

some of the teachers were Mr Moore (history) Mr Sims (woodwork) Mr Fanthom (music)
  5. P

anybody went to this school around 1960 to 1964
  6. P

Goldingay Aston

may I thank you for all your help, it seems it stops here but as been very informative, where would you say the surname originated from, I always thought it was a Jewish name.?? regards Paul Goldingay
  7. P

Goldingay Aston

thats fantastic, can you get back to the 1600s or is that too hard. regards Paul Goldingay
  8. P

Goldingay Aston

I cannot believe how you have managed to get all this information for me, I really appreciate your time and effort, and wonder how far it is possible to go back, do records start to get hard to obtain? again thanks Paul Goldingay
  9. P

Goldingay Aston

thanks for all your help, if I could find out from the details you have on my grandfather who my great grandfather was and hopefully my great great grandfather was ,and years these relate to this would be fantastic. regards Paul Goldingay
  10. P

Goldingay Aston

all sounds correct. I now have a lot more than I did. Many thanks for your help. Paul Goldingay
  11. P

Goldingay Aston

Goldingay is a least an unusual name, my grandfather died around 1955 so we would have been working the canals about the 1920/ 1930
  12. P

Goldingay Aston

trying to find about my grandfather who lived by Cuckoo bridge Aston
Back