• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution
Keith R
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• Keith R
      Keith R reacted to mw0njm.'s post in the thread Balsall Heath. with Appreciate Appreciate.
      terrible conditons how sad. puts her children to bed in the winter, Balsall Heath 1968
    • Keith R
      Keith R reacted to postie's post in the thread Balsall Heath. with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Deano, the people on this site never fail to amaze me, you give 'em some obscure task and within minutes you have all the information...
    • Keith R
      Keith R reacted to Ken Hanna's post in the thread Balsall Heath. with Appreciate Appreciate.
      I am fascinated to find this site after so long away from Birmingham and Balsall Heath. I lived at 2/70 Longmore Street and left to...
    • Keith R
      Keith R reacted to sandracoley's post in the thread Balsall Heath. with Appreciate Appreciate.
      i lived in sherbourne road then conybere street most of my life until the houses were demolished and we moved into eyton...
    • Keith R
      Keith R reacted to Phil's post in the thread Balsall Heath. with Appreciate Appreciate.
      mayo I think Longmore Street has now gone, disappearing under all the modernisation of the area. Longmore was a continuation of Gooch...
    • Keith R
      Keith R reacted to Phil's post in the thread Balsall Heath. with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Jill I got these photo's of Hope Street School from another site, I am sure the poster an ex resident of Balsall Heath who now lives...
    • Keith R
      Keith R reacted to Jill's post in the thread Balsall Heath. with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Many thanks again Phil - seeing them brings back such a lot of memories. Jill.
    • Keith R
      Keith R reacted to Pedrocut's post in the thread The Bombing Of Coventry BBC 2 with Appreciate Appreciate.
      As reported in the Birmingham Gazette of November 1940. And This Was The Ordeal of Coventry…THE PEOPLE BORE IT WITH GREAT COURAGE
    • Keith R
      Keith R replied to the thread Workhouse Infirmary.
      debran...... I found that the person was admitted to the Infirmary and baby was born same day.They both remained there for around 11...
    • Keith R
      Wife was a J Poole...he family were all from around Alvechurch/West Heath/Kings Norton around 1900.
    • Keith R
      Yeah.....just got to remember....lol
    • Keith R
      Keith R reacted to debran's post in the thread Workhouse Infirmary with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Thanks Keith, Can you let me know how you get on please, the more research I do the more ancestors I find that have been in the...
    • Keith R
      Keith R replied to the thread Balsall Heath..
      Sorry for being 18 years late to this post........looking for relatives I have found my Wifes Great Uncle and a totally unknown part of...
    • Keith R
      I asked about this last year at the Library of Birmingham as we wanted info from 1923. THe chap in records looked online and gave me a...
    • Keith R
      Keith R replied to the thread Aston Brook Street.
      Brilliant post..........heres Aston Brook St in 1939.......our relatives are in 126...think Doris worked in the cycle factory...they...
      • 126 absTREET.PNG
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back