• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
Gus Wah
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• Gus Wah
      Gus Wah reacted to Bournvilleboy's post in the thread D.N.A. TESTING with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Hi, I have recently done a DNA test with Ancestry. The test helped me confirm some ancestors but not others. It relies on people from...
    • Gus Wah
      Gus Wah replied to the thread Bodega in Birmingham.
      Might I ask what was your aunt's name? (You never know ... maybe it's among the names in his journal.)
    • Gus Wah
      Gus Wah reacted to mikejee's post in the thread Bodega in Birmingham with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Sorry Gus, I should have had it with a capital E. Dale end is a continuation of High St, so YMCA would be near High St
    • Gus Wah
      Gus Wah reacted to pjmburns's post in the thread Bodega in Birmingham with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Dale End is a street https://billdargue.jimdofree.com/placenames-gazetteer-a-to-y/places-d/dale-end/
    • Gus Wah
      That's just great, Mikejee and PJMBurns. That's the piece I needed for my little puzzle to make some sense.
    • Gus Wah
      Sorry, mikejee, but is Dale a street?
    • Gus Wah
      Not to stray too far from the Bodega thread, I'm also curious if there is (or WAS, sorry) a YMCA near the High Street location of the...
    • Gus Wah
      Gus Wah reacted to Stokkie's post in the thread Bodega in Birmingham with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Wellesbourne still has a civil airfield and a museum including an Avro Vulcan which can taxi on specified days, but isn't in flight...
    • Gus Wah
      Well, it's apparent that many Canadian boys had discovered a plentiful supply of girls in Birmingham. Additionally they had lots of...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back