• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution
C
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• C
      Clivesky reacted to Stokkie's post in the thread Winson Green Asylum with Appreciate Appreciate.
      That's good. Good luck - if there was an inquest then Birmingham Archives should have the papers. Death Cert would be signed by coroner...
    • C
      Clivesky replied to the thread Winson Green Asylum.
      Thanks Stokkie. Actually, in my local library I can get free access to Ancestry and Findmypast. That's really helpful info about...
    • C
      Clivesky reacted to Stokkie's post in the thread Winson Green Asylum with Appreciate Appreciate.
      If you would like to share his full name and date of death then we could look on Ancestry or Find my Past? Or you could have the free...
    • C
      No I don't. Actually, josietrue had details of her relative in 1891 and the reason for his death in the asylum. Rather gruesome. So...
    • C
      Do you have a death certificate, Clivesky? There are some records from the 1890s in the Birmingham Archives, but they probably won't...
    • C
      Thanks Stokie. Glad to hear your mother was properly taken care of. As you may have seen I would like to find out what exactly happened...
    • C
      I've visited All Saints' Hospital in the 1970s singing carols on the wards. More personally Mother was treated as an outpatient as an...
    • C
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Saints%27_Hospital,_Winson_Green https://www.countyasylums.co.uk/all-saints-winson-green-birmingham/...
    • C
      Yes, Clivesky. Winson Green Asylum later became known as All Saints Hospital, but the building was the same. Derek
    • C
      Is there a connection with Winson Green Asylum?
    • C
      Clivesky reacted to pjmburns's post in the thread Allen Pearson with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Sorry - no. I just cropped your pdf image and saved as jpeg then uploaded. I suspect you just needed to change the file size.
    • C
      Clivesky reacted to MWS's post in the thread Allen Pearson with Appreciate Appreciate.
      I have him possibly marrying a Lucy Hinds and having a number of children.
    • C
      Clivesky replied to the thread Allen Pearson.
      Thanks Janice. I tried jpeg but it wouldn't send. Do you have any other photos of the Pearson family from that period?
    • C
      Clivesky reacted to pjmburns's post in the thread Allen Pearson with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Might be easier as a jpeg file
    • C
      Clivesky replied to the thread Allen Pearson.
      Please find attached the pdf photo. I don't have much on Frank Pearson, Arthur's son.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back