• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by bren

1. bren

Kynoch's I M I 1950s Onwards

Not been on here for some time and have been looking at some of the old threads and came across this. I think it was about 1973 and i had just walked out of a job as a mechanic and popped into IMI to see if they had any vacancies in their garage, was told no but there was jobs going in various...
  2. bren

IN OUR GARDEN 2023

Greater Spotted Woodpecker - Male. Very lucky with the variety of birds that visit
  3. bren

Sutton Park

I remember when you could drive into the park at Wyndley through the water.
  4. bren

Williams molly . nee hinton

Re: molly Williams. nee hinton Here's a link to an old thread from 2007 you might find interesting https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6811&highlight=coal+dealer+newtown%2Faston ​bren
  5. bren

Williams molly . nee hinton

Re: molly Williams. nee hinton Sarah Brotherhood nee Youlden was my aunt, Barry Brotherhood is a member of the forum (Bazaston), he is her grandson and might be able to give more info bren
  6. bren

Marjorie spence.

Hi lynn, not sure what info you are after but here are a few registration details -- Birth -- Marjorie E Spence mmn Goddard 4th qtr 1924 Bromsgrove 6c 306 Her parents marriage -- George Spence/Nora Goddard 4th qtr 1924 Droitwich 6c 466 bren
  7. bren

Coat of arms BMAG, wot no hammer ?

Popped into the museum Friday, just had to get this shot bren
  8. bren

Tidy Up Photo Please

My version ​bren
  9. bren

C A Sothers

Hi Mayfield, if he was at Sutton College he probably still lived local i would think, by local i mean Birmingham or surrounding areas, think i will do a bit of searching and see if i can locate him, thanks for that bren
  10. bren

C A Sothers

I remember Alan Stanley and yes, he did have a wonderful personality, he was very approachable, would get on with anyone. As for Joey Hutt, we grew up together, he lived a few houses up on the opposite side of the road to me in Kingstanding but i have not seen or heard of him since our teens...
  11. bren

Hetty Haynes (Haines) Greengrocer Erdington

Used to shop on that bus, they had everything, would even gut a fresh chicken for you. If i remember it was air force blue so maybe it was ex - RAF, they used to pack so much on there the rear springs had to be changed quite often, this would have been around the mid sixties. bren
  12. bren

hockley hill post office

That would be great Lyn, thank you bren
  13. bren

Harry Smith Ironmonger Hockley Hill

Here is a shot i have for some time been intending to take and post. Harry Smith, established in 1824 on Hockley Hill top of Key Hill. I was about 15/16yrs old and working at Sothers, just opposite, and was often sent across the road, 1964/5, to buy tools etc and even then it was like stepping...
  14. bren

hockley hill post office

It's a shame there are no photo's on this thread due to the hacking, this was taken today and the building looked magnificent in the bright sun ​bren
  15. bren

C A Sothers

I worked there for a very short period, must have been about 1965ish, my mate was an apprentice there, Joey Hut, and the only other name i remember is Terry Wright, i got the feeling he wasn't too popular with the others, bit of a creep around the boss. They had a motor rewind work shop upstairs...
Back