• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Marjorie spence.

lynnspence

knowlegable brummie
Hello can anyone give me any info on marjorie spence, my birth mother.

her mother and father were Nora spence, nee Goddard, George spence. from the bromsgrove dudley area.

Hi lynn, not sure what info you are after but here are a few registration details --

Birth -- Marjorie E Spence mmn Goddard 4th qtr 1924 Bromsgrove 6c 306

Her parents marriage -- George Spence/Nora Goddard 4th qtr 1924 Droitwich 6c 466

bren

Could we request that as living relatives may well be involved that any information is sent to Lynne via Instant Message?

Many thanks Folk.

BernardR

sorry, Marjorie spence was ive been told born in 1924, registered in bromsgrove.
at the moment i have no infomation on the dates of her parents date of birth.
i know where bromsgrove and dudley are it was a generalization.

Hi lynn, not sure what info you are after but here are a few registration details --

Birth -- Marjorie E Spence mmn Goddard 4th qtr 1924 Bromsgrove 6c 306

Her parents marriage -- George Spence/Nora Goddard 4th qtr 1924 Droitwich 6c 466

bren

Thanks Bren this is all the info i have at the moment.

Sorry to put a spanner in the works but the Marjorie E Spence born 1924 Bromsgrove might have died not long after birth, there's a death registered Dec qtr 1924 Bromsgrove, age 0.

Sorry.

There are only 6 children named Marjorie E Spence (including the one in Bromsgrove) listed as being born between 1920 and 1945.

On the adoption paperwork it has mothers name only as Marjorie spence , no middle name or initial.

the other Marjorie spence i have looked at was born in dudley in 1917 to a caroline spence, nee hickman. but cant find anything on the father.

Hi Lynn when I was in the same situation as you I looked for brothers and sisters of my Birth mother and managed to find a sister whose name was less popular so was able to trace the family from that. As you have the her parents names just go through the births takes time but worth it. You could also send for death certificates of the parent last to die as that would have person who registered the death and last address. Best wishes with your search

Ok the marjorie spence im trying to trace was born in Dudley 1917.

Her parents were , Herbert spence,born dudley 1886, caroline spence nee Hickman born sedgley 1890.

Herbert married Caroline at Dudley in 1916.

Back