• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by BOB1

1. B

Guildford Street - Woolaway Family?

Hi Izmoll1 I happened to see this old message, DaveG is correct Billy the eldest lad ( real name was Ernest) was at Lozells street school at that date. Unfortunately their father gave most of them nick names by which they were generally known. I was friends with the 2 eldest Lads Billy (Ernest)...
  2. B

Guildford Street Lozells

Hi Banjo What a small world it is ,that was Tony Woolaway who worked at Lincoln Jeffries in Steelhouse Lane. Like yourself he started working for them part time while at school and then full time on leaving. I remember him telling me that his first job was to take gun barrels to the Birmingham...
  3. B

Guildford Street Lozells

BOB1 I was friends with 2 guys in the 1950`s who lived at 179 Guildford street they were the 2 oldest sons of the Woolaway family who lived there. I believe that the house may at onetime had been part of 181 because their front door was added in the entry. During the 1950`s I believe the family...
  4. B

Brougham Street, Lozells

Hi Dave nice to hear from you, say hello to Bernadette for me at Easter. BOB1 (Bob Plant)
  5. B

Guildford Street Lozells

Thats correct the doctor at the corner of Gerrard Street during 1950-60 was a Dr Humpfries.
  6. B

Gower Street

Hi Ray just came across your thread and it gave me many memories of the time I lived in Gower street during the 1950,s and 60,s. My family originally lived at 17 Gower street and we moved up to across the road to live face in you next door to the Meeks in 1958. I went to Lozells street primary...
  7. B

Wenman street

Hi Jim nice to hear from you remember me to Fred Crowe. Hi Jim nice to hear from you remember me to Fred Crowe. I am in contact with Tom Clutterbuck in Australia and he was asking about Fred recently. You can contact me at [email protected]
  8. B

Wenman street

Hi Jim I was also an apprentice at Wilmot Breeden and also helped out at Wenman Street Boys Club I wonder if you remember me Bob Plant.
  9. B

Brougham Street, Lozells

Hi Dave I see that you lived in Alexander Terrace in the 1950`s I wonder if you remember the Morris family family who lived there at that time they had 3 daughters Pat, Jean and Bernadette, and moved to uplands road when their mother passed away in about 1956. I often wonder what happened to them.
  10. B

Guildford Street Lozells

Hi Josie when you speak to your father ask him if he remembers Bob Plant who lived in Gower Street and went to Lozells Street school with him. regards BOB1
  11. B

Guildford Street Lozells

I used to play with 2 brothers, Tony and Alan(or Harold) Lowe who lived in Guildford Street in the 1950`s who lived just down the street from the cafe in the photo I wonder if one could be your father. Regards BOB1
  12. B

Brougham Street, Lozells

Hi Lyn. Thanks for the photo thread of Gower Street unfortunately they do not show our house only the other side of the street. I lived at number 17 which was 4 doors up from Guildford Street on the right hand side going up towards Wheeler Street. Regards BOB1
Back