• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

    We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Latest activity

  • MWS
    MWS reacted to rosie's post in the thread Warstone Lane burials and gravestones. with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Just to update, this grave has now been added to the site. I hope they will include Key Hill in future.
  • MWS
    MWS replied to the thread Morand.
    I think that's probably a different Eugene Morand, Lyn. Article mentions an appointment just before the war but OP's Eugene died in 1909.
  • MWS
    MWS replied to the thread 'Rednal' House.
    I keep comparing it to the picture but unless there had been some alterations I can't make it match. :(
  • MWS
    MWS reacted to pjmburns's post in the thread 'Rednal' House with Appreciate Appreciate.
    1887 map
  • MWS
    MWS replied to the thread Morand.
    On the subject of Mason College, in the Bham Daily Post 25 Sep 1889 there article that mentions 'the department being placed in...
  • MWS
    MWS replied to the thread Morand.
    As mentioned previously Elizabeth Smith's mother married a James Luker after she was born. Herbert, Louise and also an Edith & Edward...
  • P
    PantaRei replied to the thread Morand.
    Hi, did your father Thomas share the name of his French grandmother? I would really like to find out more about her.
  • P
    PantaRei reacted to LKehlet's post in the thread Morand with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Thank you once again for all this information on my family. I realise I did get Herbert's year of birth wrong. I do have his birth...
  • MWS
    MWS replied to the thread 'Rednal' House.
    Kershaw is with Thomas and family on Pershore Road in 1861, though it appears that his death was reg. back in Yorkshire in 1867.
  • P
    PantaRei replied to the thread Morand.
    wow, adverts! Where did you find those? Do you have pictures of them? Is it official on the birth certificate of Herbert and Louise that...
  • MWS
    MWS reacted to pjmburns's post in the thread 'Rednal' House with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Not relevant but Sarah is Thomas's second wife. Both marriages are listed on Ancestry. Father's name Kershaw so definitey the same Thomas.
  • Peter2026
    Peter2026 replied to the thread Italians in Birmingham.
    I am researching Italian living in the italian Quater. I read Bella Brumm and the thesis of Carol Volante If anyone has information...
  • J
    John L reacted to lmr3103's post in the thread Aston Villa club history with Love Love.
    We’ve got the programme for 30th March 1957 Villa v Preston North End with the same players. This was the day Mom and Dad got married...
  • MWS
    MWS replied to the thread 'Rednal' House.
    Could be but OP did say that it says on the photo 'Rednal' home of Emma Holroyd. I can't see connection between the Holroyd family and...
  • A Sparks
    A Sparks reacted to lmr3103's post in the thread Aston Villa club history with Appreciate Appreciate.
    We’ve got the programme for 30th March 1957 Villa v Preston North End with the same players. This was the day Mom and Dad got married...
Back
Top