• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

    We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Latest activity

  • BrummieGeoff
    I believe this may be a drawing of Lady Huntingdon's Chapel on the corner of Peck Lane and Dudley Street. It comes from Birmingham...
    • Peck Lane (Dudley Street junction) Lady Huntingdon's Chapel (artwork) built 1843.jpeg
  • J
    johnny082 reacted to Neil M's post in the thread The Great Stone Northfield with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Birmingham Civic Society presented a plan for the conservation and road redevelopment of Northfield Village in 1920 and produced a...
  • J
    Handled a few hundred of thos e bottles when I was "Milk Monitor" Viv. If you was to ask that question in those days Viv, probably you...
  • J
    johnny082 reacted to Vivienne14's post in the thread forgotten memories of the 1960s with Appreciate Appreciate.
    For those who recall milk bottles with cardboard tops here are some school milk bottles with cardboard tops. I definitely don't remember...
  • A Sparks
    A Sparks reacted to Neil M's post in the thread The Great Stone Northfield with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Both maps above mark the Old Rectory and it's shown below in the 1920s along with two passing gents who remind me of Vladimir & Estragon...
  • A Sparks
    A Sparks reacted to AlanM's post in the thread Hockley Hill with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Yes! It was the Cedar Club.
  • A Sparks
    A Sparks reacted to AlanM's post in the thread Hockley Hill with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Brookes saddles was a world famous maker of bike saddles. I had a few bikes with their saddle. The other thing I remember was there was...
  • A Sparks
    A Sparks reacted to AlanM's post in the thread Hockley Hill with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Thanks, that's what I thought. It's a case of 'known as'. I grew up in West Bromwich and my parents always referred to it as Hockley...
  • M
    Mark Tooze reacted to Astoness's post in the thread Donations with Appreciate Appreciate.
    seems to be back to speed now
  • AlanM
    AlanM reacted to Astoness's post in the thread Hockley Hill with Appreciate Appreciate.
    could have been the cedar club...if so we should have a photo of it somewhere on the forum lyn
  • AlanM
    AlanM replied to the thread Hockley Hill.
    Yes! It was the Cedar Club.
  • AlanM
    AlanM replied to the thread Hockley Hill.
    Thanks for the link it's very interesting, local brands is one of my special interests. I was spelling Brooks wrong. When I worked...
  • AlanM
    AlanM replied to the thread Hockley Hill.
    Brookes saddles was a world famous maker of bike saddles. I had a few bikes with their saddle. The other thing I remember was there was...
  • AlanM
    AlanM replied to the thread Hockley Hill.
    Indeed there is. I worked at Electromagnets (Boxmag) right next to that burial ground (see my posts under factories,offices) and...
  • AlanM
    AlanM replied to the thread Hockley Hill.
    Thanks, that's what I thought. It's a case of 'known as'. I grew up in West Bromwich and my parents always referred to it as Hockley...
Back
Top