• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

WW2 bombing of Birmingham

G

geoffrey marson

I am looking for any listing or maps which indicate the location /site of bombs dropped in the Kings Heath,Maypole,Warstock,Billsley areas of Bham.
Any information as to were I might find it would be most helpful.

Geoff Marson. (D of b 13/08/1931)

The map and list of those killed in these air raids is very interesting.
I can remember these air raids most clearly being 10 yrs old in 1940.I was living at that time with my Grand mother
at 3 School Avenue,Grove Rd,Kings Heath.Right in the middle of the hits shown,but escaped any damage.
I spent most of those nights in next doors anderson shelter,while my grand mother stopped in her own bed.
The next day I would be ridding around on my bike looking at the aftermarks
Thanks for the info
John Hughes

Just a thought Geoff, I worked for "Birmingham Water Co" for about 6mths as a trainee water inspector in the early 60's one of the chores was to scrutanise all the mains water pipes/sewers in central Birmingham, they had a massive library and it itomised all bombs dropped where when damage, also type, H E<INS<PARACHUTE<AIR MINES ect.
paul

Back