• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

WW1 soldier Beavan

A

adnilyug

hi

does anyone know of a regiment from the midlands area that was posted to Egypt during WW1, my grandfather Harry Bevan served in the army out in egypt where he got lost for a while, not sure if he was on his own or with others, but unfortunately we don't have any other info:angry2:

we know he was born in solihull in 1891 and lived in that area until at least 1913 when he got married to Ethel Jackson from solihull, they had 2 babies one born in 1913 the other in early 1916, so presumably he didn't go to war until mid - late 1915 earliest

Any info would be appreciated
:hoteyes:

Sorry to be a pessimist but you cannot make any assumptions about local regiments from someone living in their geographical area. Just take look at the regiments of men listed, for example, in the Birmingham Roll of Honour - probably every regiment in the British Army and the Royal Warwicks are in a minority.

Sorry to be a pessimist but you cannot make any assumptions about local regiments from someone living in their geographical area. Just take look at the regiments of men listed, for example, in the Birmingham Roll of Honour - probably every regiment in the British Army and the Royal Warwicks are in a minority.
:crying2: the trail is getting longer, I will look for the ones that served in egypt and hope i can come up with something positive,
I know that it's sometimes an impossible task, but all ideas are welcome
thanks again for advise

Back