• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

WW1 Postcards

All of that lovely hand sewing you must treasure them they are in lovely condition, I wish I had something so nice from my grandparents.

Dakemp, they are just beautifull I love embriodery, I did a lot when I was young. You must treasure them thank you for showing us.

Oh DAKe
mp what memories you bring back to me, when I was a child my mother used to put me on the bed whilst she was cleaning the bedrooms, and get out two large albums which were full of those embroidered postcards sent to her by my dad who served for 5 years in WW1, luckily returning home unscathed. My older sisters have the same memories of when the were young, but none of us know what happened to them. I think they must have been thrown out or lost when my parents had to leave Aston in 1968 having lived in the same house for 43 years. I would have treasured them, and whenever I see one of these embroidered postcards I so wish I had ours now.

What treasures you have there Dakemp. Did your grandmother marry Cpl Grindrod? I so want you to tell us he survived the war.

My sister has some embroidered pc's for WW2 from my uncles to mom and dad.

Back