• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Wright, Ramah Rachel (Born Abt 1866)

Valkyrie

proper brummie kid
Hi, I'm researching my family tree, I've hit a wall, it's my great grandmothers parents, ive been getting conflicting info, as far as I know they are Henry and Louisa Wright nee Freeman (twin brother called Edward) but I've been told by a person that is incorrect, My great grandfather Emanuel Cohen was Jewish and I know they married in a synagogue but i dont know which one, I dont know if she converted or if she was born Jewish, all of my older family members who would have known have passed away and it wasnt really talked about, they were probably the last practicing jews in my lineage, I know my grandparents Alfred and Doris Married in All Souls Church, Witton on Oct 13th 1913

I can see both the birth - Jun qtr 1866 Aston - and marriage registration - Jun qtr 1886 Bham - neither of which can help by themselves.

There doesn't seem to be any helpful clues on the censuses.

So the easiest way would be to purchase the marriage certificate which should give her father's details and possibly the birth certificate to confirm.

It's fairly simple process...

I can see both the birth - Jun qtr 1866 Aston - and marriage registration - Jun qtr 1886 Bham - neither of which can help by themselves.

There doesn't seem to be any helpful clues on the censuses.

So the easiest way would be to purchase the marriage certificate which should give her father's details and possibly the birth certificate to confirm.

It's fairly simple process...

thats going to be the next step when ive got the money (got to pay postage too), been hit hard financially just before christmas so money is tighter that a ducks bum on a cold day atm.
thanks for your help

thats going to be the next step when ive got the money (got to pay postage too), been hit hard financially just before christmas so money is tighter that a ducks bum on a cold day atm.
thanks for your help

You can buy a digital copy of the birth certificate which is only £2.50 so not too bad, though they are not available for marriage certificates sadly.

How does the person who says your info is incorrect know that and who do they say her parents were? Her mother possibly remarries to a John East.

thats the marr i found as well jan...was not sure either but henrys fathers name is isaac which i believe is a jewish name

lyn

There is a tree on Ancestry (I am always sceptical especially with no evidence) which suggests they married at Birmingham Register Office.
Interesting to find out or did they need a civil marriage as well as a Jewish one? I have no idea about the rules.

You can buy a digital copy of the birth certificate which is only £2.50 so not too bad, though they are not available for marriage certificates sadly.

How does the person who says your info is incorrect know that and who do they say her parents were? Her mother possibly remarries to a John East.
how do i apply for digital copies, it will save m a ton of money.
its because Louisa married somebody after Henry had passed so wouldnt believe that she was my great great grandmother

how do i apply for digital copies, it will save m a ton of money.
its because Louisa married somebody after Henry had passed so wouldnt believe that she was my great great grandmother

Enter the correct details...

0 - birth 0.jpg
...and it should bring up her results...

0 - birth 1.jpg

...click on the circle and 3 options will appear below her name...

0 - birth 2.jpg

...clicking on the Digital Image icon will then take you to the order page, all the details will be filled in with the Digital Image selected and then just enter a reference and click submit and continue with the process.

Enter the correct details...

View attachment 188099
...and it should bring up her results...

View attachment 188100

...click on the circle and 3 options will appear below her name...

View attachment 188101

...clicking on the Digital Image icon will then take you to the order page, all the details will be filled in with the Digital Image selected and then just enter a reference and click submit and continue with the process.
thanx hun

For some reason - probably the recorder making a mistake with her name - Ramah is listed as Amy on the censuses before she marries.

Interestingly, just noticed that in 1881 Ramah was living with her family on Henrietta St (no. 12) and Emanuel was listed as a servant of a John Pearce also Henrietta St (no. 21). So can easily see how they met each other.

For some reason - probably the recorder making a mistake with her name - Ramah is listed as Amy on the censuses before she marries.

Interestingly, just noticed that in 1881 Ramah was living with her family on Henrietta St (no. 12) and Emanuel was listed as a servant of a John Pearce also Henrietta St (no. 21). So can easily see how they met each other.
I have found her listed as hannah too, i dont know if they mis-spelled her name because of the handwriting

Back