• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

worcs reg 2nd battalion casualty

L

leosuki

hi all
this is my first post so i hope you can help me with this.
i would be grateful if anyone has any information about leonard nicholls of 5/51 tennant st bham, who died on 15.4.1918 aged 29yrs whist serving with 2nd bn worcs reg in ww1.

many thanks

hi leosuki, my uncle was in the worcesters and he died in france on the 1/1/1918 he was 18 yrs old. i found a sight on the net and i got a scroll with his name on, i had to pay about a fiver, but i have forgot what the sight was, if you google it you may come across it, also i found out where he was buried, (again from the net, again forgot what the sight was ) i found a photo of the graveyard it is in my album on this sight.

leosuki, my uncle was in the worcesters, he was killed in france on the 1/1/1918. I found a copy of a scroll with his name on, on a sight on the net, unfortunatley i have forgotten what sight, but if you go on google you may find it. (if you go on my album on my page there is a picture of it). I also found out where he was buried and found a photo of the graveyard where he is buried in France. Another sight you could try is the worcestershire regiment, you may not find his name but you might find some info for around the date he died. good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry i seem to have posted the reply twice bit more info in the second

Hello Leosuki, welcome to BHF a place full of friendly people. Stick around and you will shortly find someone who can tell you about the Common Wealth War Graves and Service mens Records and probably a whole lot more besides. Clever people walk these forums. Sadly I am not one of them, I just wander these halls in search knowledge and believe me its here a plenty. Good Luck ......arkrite

Welcome Leosuki, Type CWG Commission into your search bar and follow the instructions to find burial info etc. Len.

thanks for all your help so far. i have got a lot of info through thr cwgc site. would anyone know how i could find out which platoon leonard nicholls was in and if there was a platoon photo taken?

Below is a copy of his Medal Card Index downloaded from Ancestry. He qualified for three medals. The 1915 Star, The War Medal and the Victory Medal. The date he was sent to France was 19 July 1915.

Hi Leosuki

In the 5th February 1916 edition of the Worcester Herald is the following entry.

Wounded
10th Battalion
18552 Pte L. Nichols

17th March 1917 edition
Wounded
18552 Lanc Cpl L. Nicholls – Birmingham

I have not completed the 1918 casualty lists for the Worcestershire Regiment yet so I cannot give you any further info.

Hope it helps

Regards Allan

Back