• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Woolley - gillott road 1930's

O

Osborne

I am trying to trace relatives of Lilian Bertha Woolley who lived with her children Donald, Betty, Audrey and Trevor at 114 Gillott Road Edgbaston in 1939. It is part of some family related research around the house owner who was Charles Herbert Bryant.

not sure if you have the 1911 census for lilian living 253 park rd. bham (well i hope its the correct one!)

william james hundy 61 jewellers manager b. upton-on-severn
elizabeth ann hundy 53 b.bham
lilian bertha hundy 22 jewellers polisher b.bham
herbert cecil hundy 21 diamond mounter and setter b.bham
william james hundy 16 forwarding clerk b.bham
ivy florence hundy 19 student b.bham
leah lavinia hundy 12 school b.bham

married 25 yrs. had 8 children but 2 had died

sorry if i have the wrong family.
1927 114 gillott rd. lilian, rachel and frederick woolley, and charles herbert bryant
1930 114 gillott rd. lilian bertha, frederick and rachel woolley, and charles herbert bryant
1935 114 gillott rd. lilian bertha woolley and charles herbert bryant
1939 114 gillott rd. lilian bertha and betty irene woolley

Yes - these are the correct people. Charles Herbert Bryant who died in 1939 has no recorded marriage that i can find. I am researching the possibility that he is the person on my mothers birth certificate when she was born in Handsworth in 1920. Unfortunately, she was sent to North Wales as a new baby to live with a family called Rees so am fairly sure she was born "out of wedlock" because there is no record of a marriage between the two people on her birth certificate. I have followed all other lines of the Bryant family for the last 10 years! and cannot make contact with any current living relatives. It was only after reading the will of the above that I came across a reference to Lilian Woolley and family and then by chance through google found that trevor woolley one of her sons had remained in the birmingham area, but died in March this year.

Back