• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Witton Book Link and 1970 THE GHOST on a Radio show

humbleseeker

knowlegable brummie
New video for WITTON

Also this music video I made for vintage 1970 Radio show featuring The Ghost Birmingham band

That's great!
I remember Ghost, the drummer Charlie Grima is an old friend of mine although I haven't seen him for about 20 years now :)
No nor have I seen him. He lives down near London. I joined the Birminghammusicarchive on facebook to upload a lot of Ghost info. Cheers Shirley

No nor have I seen him. He lives down near London. I joined the Birminghammusicarchive on facebook to upload a lot of Ghost info. Cheers Shirley
Yes, I know he lives in the South East now.
The last time I saw him was in the late 90s in London when I had just moved down there from Brum. By strange coincidence we were both living in the same area and very close to one another, I saw him a few times and went to hear him play piano in a pub in Islington.
He moved out of London after and I think he was doing some teaching at a school for special needs.

About 10 years ago I met one of his brothers, quite by chance in my late mother's doctors surgery in Brum, I hadn't known him before and it was only because his wife's surname was called out and I looked round and thought - that man looks like Charlie! I went over and spoke to him and we had a good chat! As far as I know Charlie is going on OK.
Best wishes, Annie

Hopefully he is. I saw him last at Danny's funeral (Bass player in The Ghost) that was 1998. The years fly. Shirley
I do remember Danny, probably spoke to him a few times, seemed a very nice guy. I'm very sorry to hear he's no longer with us :(
Yes, the year's certainly fly by, happy times though :)
Annie

Back