• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

winson green road map

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi all..wonder if i could have a map please for round about 1880 of winson green road.. know its a long shot but i was hoping if its possible if it would show number 3 brighton place...:)

many thanks for any help...

lyn

Lyn
I can mark on the 1890 map which is Brighton terrace, and, assuming it is numbered with no 1 nearest Winson green road, then can mark no 3. is that satisfactory
Mike

Lyn
The 1890 map is a bit unclear in detail. Have put it on below, but the position is much clearer on the 1903 map , so have included that also. As i said, both assume numbering goes from no 1 nearest winson green road. Dudley road goes accross the bottom
mike

3_brighton_terrace_winsson_gr_rd_c_1903.jpg

3_brighton_terrace_winson_gr_rd_c1890.jpg

My Gt Grandfather lived at 30 Winson Green Rd, which was just past the school on the same side. It could have been the first house. I also had an aunt who in 1911 lived at 226 Winson Green Rd, a shop which was owned by her aunt Eliza Trickett.

Terry

mike that really is a great help thank you....terry do you know what school that would have been on the map...and would you happen to have any pics of winson green road..cant beleive i have not got any....

many thanks..lyn

In 1900 it was called Dudley Road Board School. In 1967 it was Summerfield junior & infants school
mike

Lyn,

I sorted these out for you, but I'm sure I have posted them before.

Phil

WinsonGreenWinsonGreenRd2.jpg
WinsonGreenRd.jpg

WinsonGreenRd2.jpg

phil thats great..i thought i had seen some of wgr but could not locate...i wonder if you know round about what year was pic 2 ???

thanks phil...

Back