• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Williams james

ASTONITE

master brummie
I Am Looking For Any Information Regarding The Death Of James Williams, He Was Killed In A Motor-bike Accident Around 1932, He Was Married To An Amy Smith In 1921, Possibly In Kings Norton, They Had 3 Sons,dennis,james And Ronald, His Wife Re-married In 1936 To A William Hollyoak, Any Information Regarding His Death Would Be Gratefully Received. Unfortunately I Dont Know Where He Was Born Or Died Only That He Was Possibly Buried In Kidderminster.

Re: james Williams

Seems you have the marriage right Astonite.
Marriages Jun 1921
Smith Amy Williams King's N. 6d221
Williams James Smith King's N. 6d221

If you got the cert' it would have his age on and then we could look up a bith for him maybe.

Last edited:

On The Marriage Cert It States They Are Both 21, However,have Not Been Able To Find A Match Due To The Name Being Very Common And Not Knowing The Place Of Birth.

Having scanned through 1930-1935 deaths this entry appears to be only possibility.

James Williams age 31 death registered 1933 Kidderminster
reference 6c 93

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page
Births Mar 1910
WILLIAMS James King's N. 6c446
Births Jun 1911
Williams James T King's N. 6c364
Surname First name(s) Mother District Vol Page
Births Sep 1911
WILLIAMS James E mm Gibbs King's N. 6c676

The above list may help to cut down possibilities:
I found these that were around the right dates of birth according to the marriage and Alberta's death reg.
Search was between1910-1912
Did James have a second name and was his mother's maiden name GIBBS

Last edited:

Thankyou Both For Your Quick Response I Shall Let You Know Any Further Results As Soon As Possible

Regarding The Death Entry, It Would Make His Age Wrong,they Were Both 21 When They Got Married In 1921, This Would Have Made Him 33 In 1933.

Back