• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Who remembers Faces nightclub?

Tidd

proper brummie kid
It was a touch on the 'cool and trendy' (i.e. soulless!) side. It was on Broad Street, the Five Ways end, and I think there was a little concrete plaza next to the entrance, with ?Horts winebar and a few nondescript shops. I went there a few times in the mid-80s. I've had a quick look on Google maps and there is nothing recognisable there, only a big tower called the Park Regis.

Last edited:
It was a touch on the 'cool and trendy' (i.e. soulless!) side. It was on Broad Street, the Five Ways end, and I think there was a little concrete plaza next to the entrance, with ?Horts winebar and a few nondescript shops. I went there a few times in the mid-80s. I've had a quick look on Google maps and there is nothing recognisable there, only a big tower called the Park Regis.

Oh yes i remember Faces as i was born in 1960s i used to go every saturday.
So almost 40 years ago!! Never knew it had vanished! Happy days and memories . It was busy place like the night out club when i saw Jim Davidson when he was in his prime also the dooleys! And freddie star there. Good old happy days.

Remember Faces... up stairs in Auwknick (sic)House...was owned by Don Fewtrell tried to be a bit upmarket.. but that was Abigail's in Hill St his favourite club named after a daughter

Apparently Horts (a few yards away) closed in 2007 for the redevelopment of the area - so Faces couldn't have lasted any longer. May even have closed some time earlier?.

Back