• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Which Midland Regiment served in Egypt

J

Jeffries Family

I am looking for information of Harry/Henry JEFFRIES.

I have a photo of him on a camel near the Pyramids in khaki colour uniform. I have been told he was caught by the Turks... But have no other lines to follow so was wondering if someone could help me to find out more about why they were there, what regiments then I can apply for his records.

Hi Jeffries Family - Being caught by the Turks doesn't sound pleasant at all... :explode:

I think it may be a tall order to help without some further info. Do you have an idea of when he was born, in what area etc? This may help to hone in on the many medal cards and service records that are available on Ancestry (do you have & have you checked Ancestry yet?). There are various H Jeffries showing in different ref but as people (or the Services) did not limit join up to local units he could have joined/sent virtually anyone of them.

Back