• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where is This? 83

Phil

Gone, but not forgotten.
The location of this should be no problem, I am more interested if you can tell me what it was before it was a Sikh Temple.

Phil

BalsallHeathMoseleyRdShowBizBoardinghouse.jpg

G G Jean is on the right side of Birmingham, but in the wrong area. Jean try moving a little N.E.

Phil

It it the one on Moseley Road Balsall Heath? I remember looking at it, or one similar, and wondering if it started life as a detached double fronted house or a semi-detached pair.

It it the one on Moseley Road Balsall Heath? I remember looking at it, or one similar, and wondering if it started life as a detached double fronted house or a semi-detached pair.

Lloyd

Yes is is on Moseley Rd, Balsall Heath and it is located next to the baths and library, and yes it did start life as a Victorian / Edwardian double fronted house as many were along that stretch of road.

As I said there would be no difficulty in finding the location, but the difficult part of the question is "what was it used for prior to being a Sikh Temple".

Phil

Sorry Lyn not even close, but there may have been a few animals there at times.

Phil

Now now Phil naughty naughty. My son worked in a neighbourhood office and he had to pick up the pieces after things went wrong at social services. Say no more. Was it where people took their music exams Phill?. Jean.

Nobody is anywhere near, with the previous use of this building.

Bob I thought you might have known. Lloyd has already sussed that it is on Moseley rd next to the library and baths.

Phil

bill. i originally thought of that thats why my 1st guess was a vets. knowing phil a pub is two obvious as he rarely makes em easy.

wales.

Sorry Phil & Lloyd missed your posts while I was in deep thinking.

Phil was it a funeral Parlor?

Unfair, I always make them easy. This particular building may have been a pub at sometime, but I have no knowledge of that. What I require is what it was being used for when I passed by on my way to the swimming baths in the late 50's and early 60's.

Phil

ok. a night club. my last 2 guesses are due to your clue at the beginning.

lyn

I really am surprised that this has not gone by now. I thought it was well known. Perhaps it was, but just in Balsall Heath.

Right I suppose a clue is called for. If you had a big house and you wanted to make money from it, without spending loads of money on alterations. What would you do?

Phil

Back