• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Welding

bobbyb

Brummie
In my previous thread on old addresses I should of mentioned that it Edward Welding I was interested in.
I have the Marriage Cert for Edward and my 2xGreat Uncles Daughter Francis Mary Bradley, His farther was George Welding, Cycle Maker and Frannies has her father deceased, I have his death Cert, Engine Driver.
Its the Weldings after they were Married that is of interest to me as Ive drawn a blank, Marriage was April 1903, in the BMD records he is down as Wilding, which made finding him difficult.

Hi Bobbyb :) There is an Edward Wilding registered 1912 Electoral Roll
Harborne Ward at 12 Serpentine Road,
This is not very far away from Ford St (Hockley/All Saints)
Edward & wife Francis May,,, possibly moved there?

If the surname "Wilding" still being used ( not "Welding" as thought.)
Cheers & good luck researching, JohnY :cool:

John
Thanks for that, but I dont think it is them as it must of been the Vicars atrocious writting that enabled the name Welding to be Wilding, but on Marriage Cert both signed with perfectly good handwriting, the same with his father George and it is definatley Welding. in the 1891 Census the Weldings were living in St Georges St and there its definatley Welding.
Thank You

I have since found that Frannie had a son born 1904 but died three months later and then a daughter in 1914 who also died three months later, But no records as yet of anymore children between. Not sure Edward went to War, that is a seperate investigation.

Back