• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

WEBB/Fletcher

M

Marlene

Hi
Seeking contact with any family member or researcher of the following family;

(Harry) Elisha Fairy (WEBB) married Jane FLETCHER in 1889 . Elisha had been "adopted" by John Webb, a weigh scale maker, & his wife Sarah.

Elisha & Jane had 6 known children - the first 3 in Aston and the last children born Handsworth.
Harry Elisha F Webb
Daisy F Webb
Philip F Webb
Clarence F Webb
Ida Violet F Webb
John F Webb
Marguerite F Webb

All of the children had their births registered as Fairy Webb.
Family in New Zealand would love any clues or "news" after 1901. :)
Many thanks
Marlene

Hello Marlene

I am undertaking family history on behalf of my sister in law who lives in Suffolk.
Her late grandfather was James Shaffery who married Ida Webb in West Bromwich in 1920.
If there is a family link she would like to make contact and I would be pleased to arrange this via the Forum and share with you information gathered on the family.
Thanks
Steve

Hi Steve
Sorry I had no notification of your reply!

My family was Ida Violet Fairy Webb born November 1900. She married Ernest Alfred Clarke and they had a daughter named Margaret.

I have made contact with my branch of the family but wionder if the use of IDA as a given name is a coincidence???
Happy to "Talk" !
Marlene

Back