• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Was you a DJ in the 70's and the 80's?

bode5997

knowlegable brummie
I'm sure that some of you must have done some form of entertainment in the past?I used to do mobile discos when they we're the in thing.Anyone else out there done any entertainment themselves?Come on,own up,we've all done something that weve kept quiet...........haven't we!;)

I'm sure that some of you must have done some form of entertainment in the past?I used to do mobile discos when they we're the in thing.Anyone else out there done any entertainment themselves?Come on,own up,we've all done something that weve kept quiet...........haven't we!;)
Belatedly come across this post 10/5/2019!
Just found the site, new member.
I was a drummer in Brummy Bands. 1964 onwards, played most of the clubs thst are mentioned on this thread and some that arn't, how about E52 Nr The Maypole?
First band i joined was truly awful, quite glad i can't remember the name but Malcolm Stent played guitar in it. He lived somewhere out past Castle Bromwich then and i think he had an uncle who was something to do with British Leyland. I remember he drove us to a gig in an Aston Martin! Anybody know where Malcolm is now?
Also have a memory of a very young Toni Iommi rehearsing in our front room.
Jeannie Dee and the Deefenders, Jasper Stubbs Gloryland Band, and 3 or 4 others i cant remember. Went to Germany in '65 with The Sorcerers( later Youngblood), then a succession of bands, back to Brum until 1978, then Herefordshire until2017, now in Thailand!
Great site, great memories. Always amazed how many live music venues there were back then, and i really miss Alex' Pie Stall on the Ringway at 2 am after a gig. Used to meet Geoff Lynne, Robert Plant, The Move, Steve Winwood and many others there. Your success was determined by the size of your van, and if you had a roadie to get your Chicken and mushroom pie, saving you standing in the rain, you had really arrived.
Happy Days. John Bellison

Back