• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

ward people

ward ancesters

proper brummie kid
looking for living ancesters of edward ward 1874 who married francis[fanny]thomas he lived at 112 great listor st then they lived at avon :Pst they had three daughters elva emily ellen ward ellen being my grand mother who come to australia in abt 1922 and lived in australia for forty years died in1962 i know nothing other than this edwardsfather was john ward1828 his wife being lousia:love:

Hello & welcome "Ward" ancestors in Oz:)
You probably need a bit more information to get responses to ?
There are a lot of "Ward" surnamed families in the Greater B,ham area so tracking to specific could be awkward,
May i suggest that you get Electoral Roll info (1922 +) with your Ward,s addresses etc
Also add to this your 1901 Census reference,,this gives folks a starter point,
Cheers & good luck JohnY the Pom/Kiwi :cool:

Don't know if this is any help, but the occupants of 112 Gt Lister st in kellys are:
1873 John Ward Glassblower
1876, 1880 Miss Louisa Ward, milliner
1884 Misses Louisa and Annie Ward, milliners
1888, 1896 Miss Louisa Ward, milliner
1904, 1912 Mrs Christiana Ward, milliner (spelt Christina in 1904)
1921 No mention of Christiana

The 1901 census gives 112 gt lister st as having:
Christiana, 30 born middlesex
Albert, 28, husband, cycle maker finisher , born birmingham
Albert F. 5, son, born birmingham
Don't know if Annia or christiana these are new leads for you
Mike
M

this is excellent john ward glass blower is my great great grandfather iam trying to make the connection between his son albert and the residents that lived in the house 1901 census its all mind boggaling

Ward family 1881 Census, John is a glass blower, Louisa is shown as Milliners Shop Keeper. Daughters Louisa and Annie are both Milliners. Sarah is a Pupil Teacher in Board School. No occupation shown for Harriet. Albert and Harry both Scholars. Daughter Louisa is shown as born in St Helens Lancashire.

Name:Albert Ward
Estimated Birth Year:abt 1873
Relation:Son
Father's Name:John
Mother's Name:Louisa
Where born:Birmingham,
Parish:Aston
Street address:112 Gt Lister St

Registration district:
Aston district Duddeston
Household Members:NameAgeAlbert Ward
8 Annie Ward 22 Harriet Ward 17 Harry Ward 13 John Ward 53 Louisa Ward 54 Louisa Ward 26 Sarah Ward 18

Here are your family in 1891, Louisa is a widow. The Hughes children are shown as Louisa's grandaughters.
Name:Albert Ward
Estimated Birth Year:abt 1873
Relation:Son
Parent's Name:Louisa
Where born:Birmingham,
Warwickshire
Parish:Aston
Ecclesiastical parish:St Matthew Friday Street Street address:112 Gt Lister Street
Registration district:Aston
Sub registration districtDuddeston
Household Members:NameAge Emily Hughes 17 Lilly Hughes 13 Albert Ward 18 Louisa Ward 63 Sarah Ward 28

Last edited:
1871 census shows the family at 112 Gt Lister street, it must be a record, my ancestors moved every few years, there are more children - John age 22 glass maker. Rebecca age 20 married William Hughes Birmingham 18th September 1873 St Phillips church. ref 6d 205. George age 14 glass maker.Ann Maria age 12. Henry William age 3. Louisa has not yet opened her shop, her daughter Louisa is a milliner so I guess she gave her mother the idea of a trade.

The two Hughes girls are Rebecca's daughters. Emily born Birmingham Sept quarter 1873 ref 6D 12 and Lily born Birmingham December quarter 1878 ref 6D 238

Last edited:
i found this wonderful imformation i thought maybe they where sarahs but as you have found more kids this is amazing i really want to find some living relos but have to go back to go forward

Back