• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Walter Jenney, Marine Store Dealer 1880s

J

jballyn

I am trying to gain information about a Walter Jenney, in particular his parents and birth certificate.
In the 1881 census sheet (RG11/2998) for the Municipal Ward of St. Mary, Birmingham he was listed as being +/- 29, living at 15 Newton Street. His trade was listed as Marine Store Dealer. The census also says that he was born in Hall Green, Birmingham. I can get no hits for any birth or marriage certificates on ancestry web sites.

Any ideas?:)

We have Keith Jenney a member of this forum. He also has an ancester who was a Marine store dealer, I recall looking up a census for Keith. He signs in as Baron if you would like to IM him.
Good Luck.

Hi can you tell me which sites you have sent your messages too, I can find no PM's on this site?
The Walter you seem to be looking for was the son of Willam Wright Jenney's First wife, William too was a Marine store dealer untill his second marriage then he took over with his new wife Eliza B Hobday THE EAGLE & TUNN in Banbury Street BIRMINGHAM.
William & Eliza were My Great Gran Folks.
Please can you tell me how & why you are tracking the Jenney Family ?
look forward to any info you may have
Keith

Hi. I have only two posts on this site. 1) Walter Jenney at 15 Newport Street. 2) Walter Jenney marine store dealer. I tried to IM you, but did not put The Baron, simply Baron. Sorry.

Thank you for the lead, sounds promising. I shall look into it further. Walter Jenney is my maternal Great Grandfather, father of John Jenney, (b.25/07/1880) who married Susan Amy Davis (formerly Gibbings) on 25/12/1908. They lived in Plymouth and my mother Marguerite Laura Jenney (09/02/1911-1985ish) was their daughter. My mother and my father George Edward Ballyn (m. 1937) refused to tell anything about her family to anyone. We had little contact with any relatives and it was only because I recently had to find out my mother's date and place of birth for legal reasons that I started looking on ancestry.co.uk. I have a sister, Susan Penelope Ballyn Jenney Munoz (b.08/10/1948), who lives in Barcelona.
I am John Ballyn (20/01/1940)

Hi again, if you click on" the baron "at the side of this reply it will take you to the area which will allow you to send a pm to me (thats if you still wish to)
It looks like you & I may be related viv William Wright Jenney.
ALL THE BEST Keith Jenney

Household Record 1881 British Census Search results | Download Previous Household Next Household
[SIZE=+1]Household:[/SIZE]

Name Marital StatusGenderAgeBirthplaceOccupation Walter JONNEY OR JENNEY M Male 29 Hall Green, Warwick, England Marine Store Dealer Sarah JONNEY OR JENNEY M Female 30 Birmm, Warwick, England Mary JONNEY OR JENNEY Female 15 Birmm, Warwick, England Buttonmaker Walter JONNEY OR JENNEY Male 5 Birmm, Warwick, England William JONNEY OR JENNEY Male 2 Birmm, Warwick, England John JONNEY OR JENNEY Male 7 m Birmm, Warwick, England
[SIZE=+1]Source Information:[/SIZE]
Dwelling 15 Newton St Census PlaceBirmingham, Warwick, England Family History Library Film 1341716 Public Records Office Reference RG11 Piece / Folio 2998 / 38 Page Number 18
iS THIS THE ONE?

Back