• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Walsall Road

Lyn. I have another copy of first photo which is titled "Walsall Road in 1938. On the left is Perry Avenue leading to Perry Hall Park"

Lyn. I have another copy of first photo which is titled "Walsall Road in 1938. On the left is Perry Avenue leading to Perry Hall Park"

i was out with the date mike but yes i did wonder if that was perry avenue if it is then i think on the right is as i said church road...i will check st view now

I was born in a house in that stretch of the Walsall Road, it was my Nan's house where my parents were living until we got our own house in Glendower Road not far away.

I was born in a house in that stretch of the Walsall Road, it was my Nan's house where my parents were living until we got our own house in Glendower Road not far away.

hi sparks what number house was it..i bet its still there

lyn

hi sparks what number house was it..i bet its still there

lyn
Yes it is, I just had a look! It was number 338, by a bus stop now.
My Nan moved out to a cottage in a village in South Worcestershire not very long afterwards, my grandad had died a few years before and Nan couldn't afford to pay a mortgage, no Widows pensions in those days if you were under a certain age (she was in her late 50s) she had no other source of income.

Back