• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Walker William to Edith Tipper Marriage details

B

badger

Can anyone help in finding the marriage details of William Walker to Edith Tipper in Birmingham approx 1910

Thanks for your help

Re: Marriage details for Walker

The only Walker/Tipper marriage i can see is a William Walker to a Florence E Tipper Solihull OND 1910 6d 1193, could the E stand for Edith and she ditched the Florence? You could order that certificate but tell them you only want it if the parents name's are ...... I assume you know their fathers names to confirm it is them? Claire :)

Thanks for that......I don't know their parents at the moment, this is a first foray into my wifes family, and we are organising a meet with some relatives to see what they know.

Florence edith Tipper born Kidderminster 1889

on the 1891 census in Kidderminster she is Florence E
but on the 1901 in Balsall heath she is Edith.Incorrectly indexed Lipper

29 Chesterton Road,Balsall Heath.

Alfred Tipper age 39 B. Staffordshire Bricklayer
Emily age 38 b. kidderminster
Albert 15
William 13
Edith 11
Harold 8
Nellie 4
Gladys 2.

Alfred Tipper married Emily johnson 1885 Kidderminster

Looks like i found the right marriage then Alberta.

I have had lots of family listed under middle names then their real christian names, census's can be very confusing sometimes.

Alberta, that looks like the one as my wife remembers a couple of aunts (has photo's too) we have bit the bullet and sent for the certificate so we will see for sure.

Good luck Badger, I too am trying to trace Walker family history, it is my father's side of the family, and since my both my half brothers are dead the line is ended. Hope you find all the info you require.

Back