• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

vincent street ladywood

Astonian

gone but not forgotten
i just heard that the council are going to build part of the vincent street for the games that is unbeleivable i cannot imagine what the people think
its gonna be encrouching on the tennants of the light thorne avenue estate so to my caltulation it will between the cut and the estate houses
i can only forsee that the tennants of lightthorne avenue will be moved out to make accomdation to live in for the athletes it ,s like a little athletes village the way the house are there to think we used to kick and for gaaround there when we was kids and when the old houses was there pre war house we used to go down the cellars looking for war helmets
and gas maskes and sovenairsand when they was rebuilding the whole of ladywood it was our play ground on the building sites
and now they are gonna build this lot its amazing
i think they said 2012 it will be complete
best wishes astonian ,, ps,did any one of you go to nelson st school

Hi mossy
yes its old lady wood down the bottom end
by sheepcote street its for the 2012 games some body mentioned this before
on the forum but i actually seen it on the bbc news a couple of nigts ago

Back