• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

village green..erdington

What a great picture!!! We always spoke of shopping as 'going up the village'. Can't remember it being like that, and yet spent all of my youth and young adulthood there. Lovely memories. Thanks for that.
Lynda.

I always remember the Painting of the man climbing a ladder on one of the house walls in Erdington, When you first saw it you thought it was real.

Thanks for posting the photo of the Village Green in the snow.I hadn't seen that photo before either. I remember theWrenson's shop near the library. I often had a shopping list for shopping in the High Street for my Mom in the l950's. Home and Colonial, George Mason's, Perks. We had two Wrenson's nearby where I lived so that shop near the Village Green wasn't on the list.

Here is a photo of the Cross Keys and the signwriter man on the ladder: https://farm1.static.flickr.com/68/193550645_8831bcbb6a.jpg

Back