• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

villa street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
there is no question in my mind that this pic was taken from my back garden looking nothing like it did when i lived there.. the.branches you see just to the right would be the apple tree that was climed many many times as was the wall you see at the back..the houses you see in the background we used as a short cut into nursery road and boy did we get told off by the old lady who lived there lol..of course the corrogated fencing was not there then it was just a little picket fence.....this was taken about 3 years after we left villa st but i am now on a mission again...i have a feeling that my house was still standing at that point and i wonder did the photographer take anymore pics..this was in the inner circle 8 bus book so all i have to do now is try and find out the source of the pic....happy days and i am chuffed to have found this one..

oh just one last thing i am not too sure what is meant by the caption reading the sally had been rebuilt...it is the original building...

lyn

Last edited:
moss..dont do that to me...every time i get an alert for villa st im jumping on it in case a pic turns up that i havent got lol....yes you are right ive had this pic for about 2 and a half years now..its in a folder along with all the nursery road pics ive got....thanks for keeping your eyes open for me moss...

lyn.

hi john..thanks for that info i will try and get to the library sharpish and make enquires as i beleive (or should i say hope) that its possible there could have been more pics taken...

hi moss...thanks for keeping em peeled...can you let me know if there are anymore pubs you are searching for...upper in my mind is always the red lion corner of bridge st west/summer lane..that is proving very difficult to find a pic of..

lyn

Don’t have a date for this but hopefully someone can date it by the vehicle. Maybe 1930s ? It’s not a staged photo as everyone seems to be going about their business unaware of the photographer except perhaps for the two girls to the right. Viv.

5BE7CA08-FBD1-44DD-99AD-CD11EE93D1B8.jpeg

hi viv i would agree about the date of the photo the photographer would be standing looking up from nursery road...this is the first photo i found of villa st many years ago such a great shot...it should be on original villa st lozells thread or the vine inn villa st thread but i will check..my house is on the right obscured by the trees...the shop on the left was eileens the drapers and the white wall jutting out on the left just up from the car was the vine inn..

viv i will lock this thread now as i started it in an attempt to find out the scource of a photo which i have not been able to do...thanks viv

lyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back