• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

villa st map

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi mike..i wonder if you could please post me a map pin pointing where 6 back of 119 villa st was and also no 118...i lived at 118 and im pretty sure 119 s entry was more or less opposite my house...i am only going from memory here as it was a long time back but i think no 6 would have had a wall outside the house and behind that wall may have been the back gardens of brougham st...there again i coud be wrong lol..

thank you mike...

lyn

Lyn. Below is map c 1955. Some numbers are written in, but you can't really read unless you already know what you are expecting, so have confirmed by other means where possible . Red is 119, green is 118. I am pretty sure from unclear numbers on map that 6 back 119 is the blue one. Out of interest the 1889 map shows 6 back 119 and the house backing onto it as 1 house. This is on the large scale map , so I would think it is not error coming from reduction of scale.
Mike

map_c_1955___no_119_and_118_Villa_St~0.jpg

View attachment 71821

thanks mike...its good to see that my memory is not totally failing lol...i can clearly see the wall i mentioned dividing brougham st back gardens...

thanks again mike you are a star...

lyn

sorry to be a pain mike but could you go back to that map please and mark out no 104...thank mike...

lyn x

brill mike...as i thought 104 is next to where my best friend lived...you have it spot on as the the veg shop on the corner was no 98...

many thanks mike..we have a new member who has just joined who was born at 6/119 and her grandparents lived at 104...she will love this map which also show where the vine inn was and the villa tavern...

lyn..x

Last edited:
Back