• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Vaughton Street, and Sampson Road

• Thread starter Thread starter lynn
  • Start date Start date
L

lynn

Hi There,
Could anyone tell me if......Vaughton Street.....and.....Sampson Road, are still in Aston......many thank's......Lynn..... :)

Dont Think So

I imagine that both above roads are now part of the Sparkbrook Area, being just a little south east of Birmingham City Centre.

Hi Lynn,
Try searching Vaughton Street Birmingham on Google, then clicking on Google Maps and there it is ((*_*)) I'm in Australia, so I have to resort to heaps of tricks to find out anything at all about where members of my family tree lived. Hope that helps! Lyn

Hi There,
Could anyone tell me if......Vaughton Street.....and.....Sampson Road, are still in Aston......many thank's......Lynn..... :)

Lynn

What remains of Vaughton Street is now in the district of Highgate, and Sampson Rd is now within the district of Sparkbrook..

pmc1947

i love this photo of back o 27 vaughton street...so typical of the times...clothes wringer in the back ground...rug slung over the fence...lady wearing her pinny and the other a turban and those boots with zip up the front take me back as mom wore them..washing on the line..not very good living conditions house to the right boarded up but none the less smiling faces not sure what the little girl is holding...no date but would guess the early to mid 60s

lyn

vaughton st back of 27.jpg

Last edited:
Lyn, that photo is in a book I have, it says 'neighbours outside their now-demolished back-to-back homes in nearby Vaughton Street in February 1954'

A close-up of what the girl is holding but I'm none the wiser what it is.

Attachments

• object.jpg
    object.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 14
Back