• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

various aston street.

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks..here is a few pics of aston streets....the 2 miller st and the one bracebridge st ones are particular interest to me as pics of these two streets seem to be a bit thin on the ground....

astoness

hi folks..here is a few pics of aston streets....the 2 miller st and the one bracebridge st ones are particular interest to me as pics of these two streets seem to be a bit thin on the ground....

astoness

Hi Lyn,
I too have a copy of Aston Remembered and I recall the Miller St pics and have memories of Mr Wigley's shop but you mentioned Bracebridge St pics but I don't see any in your pics?
The page with St Mary's School Aston on it shares the same headmaster as my picture taken a few years later which I have posted on other threads. I am the first pupil on the back row next to Mr Tunnicliffe and I have contact with 2 of the boys in the picture. I have managed to obtain most of the names but not all. so if there is anyone who recognises themselves or anyone else please let me know. I have added a Word doc if anyone wants to see the names I have up to now.

hi dave...and thanks for the school pic...isnt it great when we find old chums...i myself have just found 2 roller rink mates after over 35 years...go to post 7 pic 7..its of the the queens visit to the norton factory..bracebridge st.......

ttfn

lyn

Back