• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Troman - Wheeler Street 1950's..

GazSutton

master brummie
Im trying to find out where my family lived in the 50/60s..I know they lived in Wheeler Street but how can I find out the house number and who lived there?
Cheers.

GazSutton:

The Electoral Rolls, but before we do a lookup, can you give us the forename of at least one person over the age of 21 years old who you expect to find there please?

Maurice

in 1955 at 306 Wheeler St. were James W senior Troman, Amy Troman, James W junior Troman and Edna Troman
in 1957 at 306 Wheeler St. as above except no Amy Troman.
in 1960 at 7 Delhurst Road was James W Troman while James W and Edna J Troman were at 100 Derrydown Rd. from 1960-65 which is as far as online rolls go.
in 1962 at 9 Lisson Grove were Stanley G Troman, Diane R Troman and James W Troman.
in 1965 at 9 Lisson Grove was just James W Troman

Thank you very much....James W senior Troman was my grandad, Amy Troman was my nan, James W junior Troman was my dad and Edna Troman was my mom.

hi shera
in the fortys and fiftys there was a troman whom lived in cromwell square [ cromwell terrace on the lichfield rd next to thompsons
and it was the same terace i was born in ; they lived at the botom end of the terrace they was first to get the colour tv in the terrace
all us nippers used to creep into there garden and peep through there bay window around seven oclock to watch the ESSO petrol advert
where the petrol pumps would sing the verse ; oh the esso sign means happy motoring it made us laugh they shouted at the windows go away you noisy
kids ; so we scarprted up the yard 'and that house would have been number 18-19 we lived at number 5 /92 ;
best wishes Astonian;

hi may i add to this tromn ; they was a elderly couple middle age i would say judgeing my age but at wek ends they had young kids around which i could say more likely they was there grand kids but also on another note there was a troman in the sixty knocking around the area you have mentioned i think it was around guildford street
area they was painter and decoraters a long with another famiy two brothers from guldford street the brophy brothers also decraters with there wagon named on it
this is the mid sixtys or just abit a later , best of luck and best wishes Astonian;;;

Back