• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Time of birth

Iantucker

Hi there.

I’m new to this site and already loving the content.

I am trying to establish my time of birth and was hoping someone may be able to help me.

Ian Russell Tucker
Born 15/4/1966
St Chads hospital.

Many thanks. Ian.

i would think st chads hospital records but not sure if they still exist...hopefully someone can advise you..ive just looked at my little tin of treasures...i have four children and kept the little arm bracelets that babies are tagged with after birth...no time of birth on them just name..date of birth and weight but i also have the 4 liitte white cards they put on the cots with info...only one of these gives time of birth so i guess they didnt have to really note that down however from memory i do know what time they were all born so reading your post i think i am going to write the time of birth on the other 3 cards i have...good luck

lyn

Last edited:
I would think it most likely that times were not routinely recorded otherwise I would expect to see them on birth certs.
As I suspected the records are at Birmingham but are closed - not open to the public.
1720961989207.png

I would think it most likely that times were not routinely recorded otherwise I would expect to see them on birth certs.
As I suspected the records are at Birmingham but are closed - not open to the public.
View attachment 193175

thanks jan... i understand why someone else can not access someone elses records but i always think it odd that the actual person in this case ian can not access his own hospital records as we can access our medical records

lyn

I think it depends how the records are kept.
If there is any chance that in accessing your record you could see someone else's record then the answer has to be no.
This entry does not say what records these are.

I think it depends how the records are kept.
If there is any chance that in accessing your record you could see someone else's record then the answer has to be no.
This entry does not say what records these are.

right jan i take it the records are held at the library of birmingham...maybe it could be worthwhile ian making enquires just in case

lyn

Back