• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

time flies on my computer

33bus

master brummie
having upgrades from window8 to windows 9(im begining to regret)on my Dell Inspiron-530 Vista firstly having trouble with IExplorer I switch to Firefox and the problem went away.now when I try to connect first thing I cannot get into my c/puter because my security is out of date after several hrs someone asked me to check the date on my c/puter which I did and found it set to 2014.I reset the year date and everything seemed back to normal,that was yesterday Today when I tried to switch on the same thing happend but this time it was 2045 and my security was out of date Ive reset the date and have switched off 5/6 times today and everytime its started ok has anyone had this problem Tom:)

ps I forgot to tell youn that Ive done 26 security and other upgrades since yesteday .

I tried IE9 and had no problems with it (running Windows 7). However since having to reload everything following problems I now believe to be down to conflicts between Trusteer Rapport (recommended by my bank to protect against Key Logging etc) and my anti virus I am sticking with IE8 for the time being. I have however read some pretty good reviews of IE9 including one from an anti IE reviewer. He is now using it as his default browser rather than Firefox or Chrome which he preferred to IE8.

Hi Bernie Thanks for your input I have Eset anti-virus which works away in the background ,when I first had it I kept checking that it was on but I cannot get my head around "why the clock"tom

Nor I - I did have a look but though I found a few situations they did not appear to be very recent. Best to wait for an expert to come along.

Hi 33bus,

The inability to save time and date is generally a sign that the tablet battery on the motherboard is on the blink. Replacing this on a desktop/tower machine is a relatively straightforward procedure, but I wouldn't recommend that you try to do this yourself on a laptop. The battery itself is a two to three quid lithium job, but getting access is another matter. Best take it round to your local laptop engineer.

Maurice :cool:

thankyou Maurice for your reply , ive restarted 9 different times since the last time it malfunctioned and it seems ok at the moment but it will give me a little time to sort a price out ,thanks again Tom

While I agree with Maurice, it's most likely the battery on its last legs, it could also be a virus or other malware. How long have you had the Eset on and where did you get it from? There are a number of fake antivirus programs that're doing the rounds and I wondered if this could be one. Might be a little late now but I would do a scan with MalwareBytes before doing anything else.Download FREE version from HERE.

H iOisin I changed to ESET NOD32 last year and have been pleased the way it works in the background it was recommended to my son by his tech guy "Trouble shooters "Tom

It is a very reputable piece of software, but unfortunately, and probably because it is, just lately the baddies have been putting out fake copies of it that are actually viruses. However, if you've had it for sometime and got it from their official website, it is most likely the genuine article. Even so, doing a Malware Bytes scan isn't going to hurt and will make it more likely no nasties have slipped through.

Back