• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

thomas street aston 1960

dravan57

about 1960 i lived at no1 thomas street aston does anyone know what neibours lived by me my family name was mcdonough

about 1960 i lived at no1 thomas street aston does anyone know what neibours lived by me my family name was mcdonough

I know this is a old post but have only just joined the forum , we used to live in Tower rd Aston and went to upper thomas st school , our surname was Elston , any help ?

If that is the bit of Thomas St.between Yates St.and Phillips St.I had a school mate named Billy Aston who lived there.

I know this is a old post but have only just joined the forum , we used to live in Tower rd Aston and went to upper thomas st school , our surname was Elston , any help ?
Annette,
We lived in Clifton Rd.but I spent more time in Tower Rd.with my mates,so can still remember a few family names from there.I also went to U.T.S.1941-1951.

Annette,
We lived in Clifton Rd.but I spent more time in Tower Rd.with my mates,so can still remember a few family names from there.I also went to U.T.S.1941-1951.
do you remember the moss family or cashmore, my dad when to upper thomas street school, he was born in 1945, he would of been a bit young to play with you in 1951 but you dont now in them days. lol.

do you remember the moss family or cashmore, my dad when to upper thomas street school, he was born in 1945, he would of been a bit young to play with you in 1951 but you dont now in them days. lol.
Yes I lived in the yard the back of number23 I can remember the one we called Arky, also the Cashmores lived in our yard the father was Sammy cant remember the moms name, I think they had two daughters.
I was born in 43 sadly my memory is not so god nowadays.
Dave.

Back