• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Thomas Bradshaw b.1886 Aston

Gazzo

300 Years of Brum DNA
Have used Ancestry website to no avail appreciating that a lot of records were lost and destroyed. The only info I have is Thomas was born in Oct 1886 and was gassed during the conflict. The resulting injuries left him with a very serious chest/ breathing problem resulting in his death in 1923 from Bronchitus/ Heart failure. Family memories recall at least one medal and a photograph of him in dress uniform, both have been lost. Any info. relating to possible regiment, where he may have been gassed and what medals or pension would have been awarded would really be appreciated. Many thanks in advance, regards Gary.

Gazzo

1918 bham electoral roll Thomas Bradshaw, 2 court, 6 Trent St, Bham reg no ,667, C Coy, ASC

Suzanne

Gazzo there are 128 Thomas Bradshaw's on the National Archive site
https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk...9&mediaArray=1,2,4,5&pageNumber=1&queryType=1

Family History: WW1 Campaign Medals 128 documents found... Had a look through using the Reg 667 C Coy ASC
But couldn't find him... he may have changed regiments at some time and be under another number... So I'd have a look if I was you, you may see something I missed.

Although I see Terry Carter is also having a look for you... he's pretty good at the WW1 stuff.

Thanks for your help. Haven't got any more military details but his personal details are; Born in Erdington, Birmingham c.1886, wife Mary, sometimes used his Mothers surname Bates, but was definately on the 1918 absent voters list as Thomas Bradshaw (Trent St Birmingham). Hope this helps. Regards, Gary.

I have found, in my late father's photography collection - a wedding invitation for a wedding between Miss Millicent Froggart (Froggat?) to Mr William Bradshaw on Aug 31st 1899 - ceremony at the Darby Hand Chapel, Netherton. I cannot find anything on marriage censuses or anything related to them - birth/death etc. Wondered if anyone has any links? I understand the chapel now is situated in the Black Country Museum! I must go and visit, Many thanks

Back