• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The SEVEN STARS restaurant

Ole Krauter

proper brummie kid
The Seven Stars restaurant

Hallo everybody,

I shall never forget this wonderful Indian (or Pakistani) restaurant called The Seven Stars but do not exactly remember where it was. If you walk down Ladypool Road (coming from Church Road) it was located in one of these streets to the left (perhaps Brunswick Road). I had my first curry ever there and indeed, it was very hot! I think it was run by one man and you had to go to the opposite pub to wait for the meal and the guy would come over to say the meal was ready, and I hope not to overdue it, he had a pint too! Meanwhile I live on curries. Being german, I lived in Moseley in the summer of 1969 for some time, Brum is my home town and I am proud to be a propper Brummie kid by now!

Would any real Brummie remember where it was?

My goodness, if I walk down Ladypool Road with Google Street Views theese days, how much did it change!

Back