• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Nit Nurse

• Thread starter Thread starter Chrissy
  • Start date Start date
C

Chrissy

We would all stand in line waiting for our heads to be nearly yanked off as the nurse quickly searched our heads. Next the shame when you were given a brown envelope in front of your class mates. Thankfully I did not get an envelope but I have had nits. My mum would do a weekly search and if she saw on of the little buggers out would come the metal tooth comb and then the lotion which stank the house out so by the time I went to school the next day all the blighters were dead (Any ones head itchy reading this? mine is) ;D

I never did have nits, but ooooh I suffered from that metal comb...........

The other scurge of my young days was children with impetigo, - spelling Sue? A sort of scaley patch on the skin. My ma would tell me I wans't to sit near any child who suffered from it. Can you imagine telling a teacher you couldn't sit where you were put?

Back